Monday, May 25, 2009

A New Journey


J i u u u i i ! by Pörrö
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License
I am thrilled to be entering a new chapter in my professional life as Music Department Head at Chicago High School for the Arts! ChiArts will open in September 2009 with a class of freshman and will add a new class each year until full enrollment is reached in the 2012-2013 school year. For a city of Chicago's size and significance, we are long overdue for a premiere public institution to provide young people with both a high level of artistic training and a rigorous academic curriculum. Students will have college preparatory academics in the mornings, followed by pre-professional arts training for three hours every afternoon. Arts majors include music, dance, theatre and visual arts. I am tremendously excited to have the opportunity to build ChiArt’s music program from its inception and am eager to be in the classroom myself. Although my official start date for the position is June 1, I have already been rolling up my sleeves with curriculum design and look forward to creating an outstanding community of music learning!

No comments: